January 24, 2020

When developing projects in the e-Commerce sector or service industry we often integrate IP telephony into the business software. As a rule, IP telephony is very relevant for companies where employees make an enormous number of phone calls on regular basis both for finding new customers as well as for communicating with the existing customers. IP telephony is actively used by businesses that sell goods, are engaged in Internet marketing or offer various services. According to the statistics 70% of IP telephony users represent the above mentioned businesses. The remaining 30% of users are represented in such business areas as construction, education, software development, different integrators, logistics services, consulting.

The table below shows the areas of business where IP telephony is most often used.

IP telephony users statistics

Benefits of IP telephony

1. Cheap calls over the Internet

2. High quality voice-to-voice communication

3. Secure connection

4. Numerous additional functionality

5. Simple configuration

Basically, companies use IP telephony not because of low costs on long-distance or international calls. The main goal of business owners in this situation is to optimize business processes of their company. If your business operates in Russia, the information below will help you to understand the market of IP telephony service providers better. There are more than a dozen companies in Russia offering IP telephony services, among them - Oktell, UIS, Telfin, Zebra Telecom, Sipnet. One of the important advantages of these companies is the easy integration of IP telephony with the database of your business, easy integration with the existing CRM or web service.

Integration of IP telephony with your CRM will help:

1. To make calls directly from the CRM interface. When receiving an incoming call, an operator can see full information about the customer on his desktop including the customer’s history of orders.

2. To direct a repeated call of the customer to the operator who the customer contacted first.

3. To keep a call log for each customer.

4. To track missed calls.

5. To determine the optimal route for the call, taking into account the status of the operator (busy / free / out of office).

Integration of IP telephony with CRM

Among the additional functionality of IP telephony, I would like to name the following features:

- There is a designed dialogue script with the customer.

- All conversations between operators and customers are recorded. You can also easily search for the needed conversation by date, time, operator, subscriber number, etc. Each operator has access to his call log.

- Ability to listen to the conversation by the supervisor in real time. The supervisor has the opportunity to prompt operators or connect to the conversation in the form of a conference call.

Prices for outgoing calls

Let’s compare the prices for outgoing calls from companies that provide IP telephony services in Russia. Of course the cost of outgoing calls depends on the selected tariff plan. Below you can see general information on the tariffs for calls from several IP telephony operators in Russia.

Zebra Telecom

Outgoing calls

To landlines

To mobile phones

within Moscow                                      

0,50 rubles

1,52 rubles

within Russia

From 1,51 rubles

1,82 rubles

Germany        

1,85 rubles

1,95 rubles

China 

0,98 rubles

0,98 rubles

Sipnet

Outgoing calls

To landlines

To mobile phones

within Moscow                                       

0,50 rubles

1,50 rubles

within Russia

 

1,50 rubles

Germany        

0,17 rubles

 

China 

0,98 rubles

0,98 rubles

Uiscom

Outgoing calls

To landlines

To mobile phones

within Moscow and region   

0,65 rubles

1,80 rubles

within Russia

2,09 rubles

2,09 rubles

Germany        

2,06 rubles

 

The choice of IP telephony provider depends on the needs and requirements of the customer’s business. The business owner should take into account the number of SIP-lines and telephone numbers needed to be purchased or rented. But the most important thing when choosing an IP telephony provider is what calls will be made by the company's operators - for example, calls within Moscow, within the territory of Russia, within the CIS countries or Europe.

If you need information on integration of IP telephony with your existing CRM or web-service, please contact “Simple Solutions”. We will be happy to help you.

Natalia Khizhevskaya